Thursday, April 5, 2012

Girl Scout Fashion Show

On March 24, I had the honor of volunteering and singing the National Anthem at the Girl Scout Vintage Fashion Show at the High Street Theatre in Moorpark! The fashion show celebrated the 100th anniversary of Girl Scouts and benefited the Moorpark City Library. Girls scouts and leaders from troops throughout the community of Moorpark modeled vintage girl scout uniforms for the audience; it was fascinating to see all of the different fashions of the uniform that changed and shifted alongside American history! I had a fabulous time helping out with the silent auction and visiting with the girl scouts with two of my esteemed community titleholders: Miss Moorpark 2011 Allie Woerner and Miss Teen Moorpark 2011 Lexi DiCicco! Overall it was a successful fundraiser and a very fun day! =)

Allie, Lexi and Me Helping with the Silent Auction =) 
Me Next to One of the Fashion Show Signs!
Me with Girl Scout Brooke Cusick, she's wearing a 1920s uniform!
Lexi and Me Goofing Off with a Soon-to-Be Girl Scout! She was so cute! =)

Allie took some pictures of me next to the Theatre after the show, I thought I'd share one of my favorites =)

No comments:

Post a Comment