Saturday, April 7, 2012

Mr. OCHS 2012!


Since 2009, my Alma Mater, Oaks Christian High School, has organized and hosted an annual Mr. OCHS Pageant to celebrate the senior class and to raise money for a charitable cause close to the school. In 2010, I served as a guest judge, and the profits from the evening went to two anticipated mission trips to Uganda and India. This year, I was asked to return once again as a guest judge and to crown the winner!
On April 4, Oaks put on its Fourth Annual Mr. OCHS Pageant, where all of the funds raised throughout the evening were donated to the recovery of Evan Miyashiro, an Oaks student who was in a horrible car accident that required two intense surgeries and an extremely long and vigorous recovery process involving a lot of physical rehabilitation. I unfortunately did not get the opportunity to meet Evan, but I wish him the best and hope the funds raised for him help him in maintaining a healthy recovery.
In the pageant, ten wonderful seniors duked it out for the title, competing in the categories of casual wear, talent, formal wear, and onstage Q&A. ALL of the gentlemen were absolutely fantastic!! I saw everything from ribbon twirling to a K$sha song interpretation to a phenomenal saxophone performance!! As a judge, I can say with confidence that the competition was EXTREMELY tight, with single points marginally separating the contestants' rankings... but at the end of the night, Cole Daly surpassed all and took the prize! Jacob Rush took first runner-up and was voted Mr. Congeniality by his fellow contestants- and each contestant went home with a title! Example titles: Mr. Bond, Mr. Catwalk, Mr. Dance Moves, Mr. Talented... you get the idea! =)  Overall it was a fantastic evening, and I really enjoyed getting to participate in the competition, revisit my Alma Mater, and visit with fellow returning alumni!

Two of my Fellow Judges (both fellow alumni from my graduating class!), Brian Nelson and Kelsey Hall =)
The Mastermind Behind the Evening! Me with OCHS Activities Director Susi Matke =)
Me with Cole Daly, Mr. OCHS 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment