Sunday, April 8, 2012

Moorpark Easter Egg Hunt!

Addressing the Crowd of Antsy Egg Hunters!
Every year since I can remember, the City of Moorpark has put together an annual Easter Egg Hunt in which kids get to participate in collecting eggs and receiving prizes. Today, I got the opportunity to participate in the this year's hunt! I served as the official announcer of the egg hunts; I told people in the crowds which egg hunts were happening when. I also explained the rules to each group of egg hunters and then sent them off into the field to collect as many eggs as their baskets could hold!! I also made announcements if a child got separated from his or her parents- all on my handy dandy portable microphone and amp!
The day's festivities also featured a mini-carnival, where the smell of shaved ice and kettle corn circled around splendidly =) at the mini-carnival, the kids could create crafts, have their faces painted, ride a pony, or walk around a petting zoo! It was a fantastic morning/afternoon filled with Spring egg hunting fun for the entire family!

Olivia and Me in Our Volunteer Outfits! =)
Me with the Cutest Little Girl! She came to the hunt dressed as a ladybug!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment