Saturday, April 7, 2012

Boys and Girls Club Dinner and Auction

The Boys and Girls Club of Moorpark has been such a wonderful place for the kids of the Moorpark community to participate in fun after-school programs, attend social dances, and play their favorite sports. I have such fond memories playing basketball there and going to "After Dark" dances with all of my friends! I am so happy its programs continue to remain a strong force in the community today- and it is largely thanks to the many contributors, sponsors, and donors that attended the annual Boys and Girls Club Dinner and Auction at the Air Force One Pavilion at the Ronald Reagan Library March 31! Attendees bid on silent auction baskets and purchased prizes during the live auction, and all of the funds went directly to the Boys and Girls Club of Moorpark. I loaned my volunteer services selling raffle tickets for the brand new iPad and displaying prizes during the live auction; I got to channel Vanna White! It was a wonderful evening that I was so happy to share with Miss Teen Moorpark, Mr. Moorpark, and several members of the Miss/Teen Moorpark court!

Me with My Fellow Community Titleholders! =)
Helping Out with the Live Auction
Me Trying on Shaq's Shoe- he's a size 23!! WOW!!
A Close-Up of Lexi and Me =)
Me Babysitting Scout, the adorable German Shepherd/Retriever mix that was sold during the live auction!
Me with the Pure-Bred Golden Retriever; this little beauty went for $2,000!
Such wonderful ladies; I had such a blast volunteering with them! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment