Monday, July 2, 2012

OCS Walk for Wishes!

On May 19, I had the privilege of participating in my alma mater's 2nd Annual Walk for Wishes! The walk consisted of Oaks Christian students, family, and friends walking nearly three miles around the cities of Thousand Oaks and Westlake Village to raise the amount of money needed to adopt another wish through the Make-a-Wish Foundation (around $5,000); it was a very successful walk! Dozens of students, friends, and parents attended the walk, including Thomas, the wonderful Make-a-Wish boy adopted by Oaks Christian last year; I had such an incredible time volunteering my services to the walk!
It is these kind of local events that inspire me to continue promoting my Hearts of Service platform in the community; the Oaks Christian student body is such a shining example of true hearts for service and helping others- I hope to continue promoting what they already do as Miss Ventura County '12!  =)

Me Leading the Walk with Thomas (in the wagon) and his Family!

Me with Thomas's family and OCHS Prefect Annalisa Figueroa!


No comments:

Post a Comment