Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Miss California Pageant, Part 2: Interview, BBQ, and Rotary!


Immediately following the Mayor's Welcome, I was whisked back to the hotel to change and freshen up for my interview. About two months ago, the contestants participated in an online lottery to determine our order; I was unfortunately third to last to select my spot, so I got stuck as contestant #1 in my group. In regard to the category of interview, this meant that I was THE FIRST interview out of all 58 ladies... talk about pressure!! I was naturally very nervous, but I took comfort in trusting in my training and trusting in myself. The entire interview was such a blur to me; as a result, I can never really know how the interview actually went... but looking back I believe I did the best that I could given the circumstances I was under, and that gives me comfort! =)
After the first round of interviews, the contestants got to enjoy some downtime at a barbeque! Hosted by the Lester family, the barbeque was at an incredibly beautiful estate that had an adorable little swing we all took pictures on! It was a wonderful opportunity to eat some great food provided by the local Kiwanis of Fresno, have some fun singing karaoke, and get to know my fellow contestants a little bit more =)  another perk: I didn't have to dress myself- Blush Boutique in Moorpark provided my entire outfit! Thank you, Blush, I got lots of complements!
Since I was in the first interview group, I then had the opportunity to relax a little bit while the rest of the ladies had their interviews. The Miss contestants also had the opportunity over the next two days to attend two wonderfully entertaining Rotary events: a dinner reception and a Rotary lunch and meeting. Both were very fun! I had the opportunity to talk to some of the incredible members of the Rotary Club of the City of Fresno, who were all very kind and welcoming to me! In addition, we had rehearsals to review our opening dance routines and get ready for the four nights of preliminaries and the final night of competition!

My Interview Outfit!

Noelle and Me Right Before My Interview!

My Picture on the Famous Swing! =)

Me with Some Rotary Members at the Reception

No comments:

Post a Comment