Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Childhelp Garden Luncheon and Silent Auction

There are many ways in which someone can volunteer in his or her community; the key to finding community service that best fits your passions is discovering in yourself what gifts you can contribute and then finding organizations that speak to you. Childhelp has been close to my heart for many years- so when I was asked to contribute my singing voice to their garden luncheon, I was more than happy to!
On June 2, the Buena Ventura chapter of Childhelp held a garden luncheon and silent auction fundraiser at the lovely home of chapter president Shirley Kauffman. I kicked off the luncheon and speech presentations by singing the National Anthem, and later in the luncheon, I performed my Miss California talent to entertain the attendees. It was a lot of fun talking with the Childhelp chapter officers and directors; they really opened my eyes to the needs of child abuse victims in our community. I am hopeful that I will do more work with them in the upcoming months to raise funds for the organization that go towards the care of children who have been victims of abuse. For more information on Childhelp and how you can get involved, click on the following link: http://www.childhelp.org/pages/about
Overall, the fundraiser was very successful! Here are some photos from the event; enjoy! =)

The Lovely Luncheon Coming to Order!
Singing the National Anthem!
Me with Suzzy Canny, Shirley Kauffman, and Lynn Elder
Me with Marna DeVane and Suzzy Canny

No comments:

Post a Comment