Friday, December 28, 2012

Ventura Chamber of Commerce 16th Annual Poinsettia Awards

The Poinsettia Award Winners!
To further network for the pageant and to branch out into the community of Ventura, Nancy Gruttemeyer, my Executive Director, and I attended the Ventura Chamber of Commerce 16th Annual Poinsettia Awards. Held at the Marriott Ventura, the annual luncheon honored members of the Ventura community, awarding awards such as Small Business of the Year, Large Business of the Year, Educator of the Year, Students of the Year, Citizen of the Year, Police Officer of the Year, Firefighter of the Year, and many more! I had the pleasure of meeting several members of the Ventura Chamber, including president and CEO Ed Summers, and also the Ventura Unified School District Superintendent Dr. Trudy T. Arriaga!
Overall it was a wonderful luncheon; everyone was very welcoming, and I got to meet some pretty inspirational people! =)

The View of the Ceremony from My Seat!
With My Other Wonderful Chaperone,
Alison Carlson! =)
With VUSD Superintendent & Citizen of the Year
Dr. Trudy T. Arriaga
With the Pretty Christmas Tree! =)
With My Wonderful ED, Nancy Gruttemeyer!


No comments:

Post a Comment