Friday, December 28, 2012

51st Annual Camarillo Christmas Parade!

Miss America Girls
+
Cars
=
PARADE!!
On December 8, Amanda and I suited up and represented the Miss America Organization in the 51st Annual Camarillo Christmas Parade! For this holiday parade, visiting pageant titleholders were encouraged to decorate their cars; Amanda and I transformed our car into a "snowy Rudolph" for the day! He was a big hit in the parade! =)
Good news: Amanda and I had an absolute BLAST!
Bad news: this was my very last parade...!! =(
Parades have been such a fun way for Amanda and I to get out into the community. The kids really love it too; there were several groups of young girls that were watching the parade, and when Amanda and I drove by, they screamed extra loud for us!! I remember doing the very same thing when I was a little girl: my parents would take me to a parade, find a good spot to sit, and then I'd watch and wait for the "queens" to come down the parade route... they were so beautiful and elegant! I'd cheer extra loud when they drove by, and I remember thinking how wonderful it would be to be like them one day; I looked up to those girls! They weren't just pretty girls in fancy cars; they were role models! Now that my final parade as Miss Ventura County is complete, I can only hope that I was able to be that role model for the kids of Ventura County! =)

With THE CUTEST little elf!! =)
My Awesome Gown!!
The Queens and Princesses By the Best
Decorated Float of the Parade!
Our Amazing Parade Car!!
A Giant Gingerbread Man!!
My Incredibly Beautiful Teen <3
Amanda and Me with Patti!
Our Last Parade as Miss and Teen!!
Aww... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment