Sunday, September 16, 2012

Super Heroes Super Readers @ Moorpark City Library!


Yesterday afternoon, I had the opportunity to visit the Moorpark City Library and read to the kids as part of the Super Heroes Super Readers event! The event included a very entertaining magic show from Super Powerful Ultra Dave, a costume parade, prizes, and Princess Corner!
Miss Teen Moorpark Emily Gratke and I had the pleasure of running the "Princess Corner" together! I kicked things off with a performance of "Almost There" from The Princess and the Frog; Emily then read her super story Violet the Pilot, and I read the classic fairy tale Cinderella; we finished with a group song, "Part of That World" from The Little Mermaid! I then stayed afterward to talk to the kids and sign autographs =)
It was such a wonderful event with a great turnout! For more information on the Moorpark City Library and upcoming events, check out their Facebook page and the Library website!
Libraries are such an important part of our communities; I encourage you to get involved with your local library by volunteering your time, donating books and/or funds, and getting a library card and taking advantage of all the resources your library has to offer!  =)

Super Powerful Ultra Dave!
Singing to the Kids; SUCH a blast!
Emily and I Helping Give Out the Prizes!
Reading Cinderella to the kids! 
I was more than happy to sign autographs!! I felt like such a rockstar!! =)
Have YOU read a book today??

No comments:

Post a Comment