Thursday, September 20, 2012

Moorpark City Council Meeting!

Wow, what an incredible day!
Tonight I went to the Moorpark City Council Meeting to speak on behalf of the Ventura/Santa Barbara Scholarship Association; we are in need of funds to keep giving our contestants scholarships for their education! I also had the honor and pleasure of leading the Pledge of Allegiance at the start of the meeting! I wish I had some pictures to post of me speaking, but it was not appropriate to take pictures during the meeting...
I spoke about my experience competing and how much I have taken from my time with the Miss America Organization. I also spoke about how important our organization is and the invaluable skills us contestants learn while preparing for the pageant: interview skills, communication skills, the ability to bring oneself to an interview, and how to present oneself in public with poise and grace. Finally, I spoke on how vital it is for the community of Ventura County to come together and help keep our pageant running... hopefully the City Council will be the first step! =)
Tonight was my first step in addressing each of the City Councils in Ventura County and raising awareness for our organization; hopefully this will not only bring more scholarship funds to our organization but will also recruit more contestants throughout the county!

Me at My House Before the Meeting...
...And Me Outside City Hall After the Meeting! Victorious! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment