Monday, November 5, 2012

Camarillo Noontime Optimist Club Meeting Visit!

With Captain Quirarte and Members of His Battalion! 
On October 15, I enjoyed some yummy lunch at Round Table Pizza in Camarillo with the Camarillo Noontime Optimist Club! I attended their weekly lunch meeting as a guest and had the pleasure of watching them give out the Firefighter of the Year Award to a very deserving firefighter captain named Scott Quirarte! Following the award presentation, Captain Quirarte and his battalion discussed fire safety; it was very informative!
Overall, the lunch meeting was a delightful treat in my day- and I have been invited to return and speak about my experience with the Miss America Organization in December! I am VERY excited to get more involved with this wonderful club full of warm and welcoming members who support the youth of our community! =)

Captain Quirarte with Battalion Chief Kelly Wright and Optimist Club President Ada Lee Sullivan Following the Presentation of the Firefighter of the Year Award!
Next to the Optimist Creed! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment