Thursday, October 11, 2012

Military Family Appreciation Day!

On September 30, I had the pleasure of attending and the honor of participating in the Military Family Appreciation Day at the WWII Museum in Camarillo presented by Military-Families.org, Senator Tony Strickland, and Assemblyman Jeff Gorell! I was asked to sing the National Anthem in tribute to the families and to begin the formal program; I felt VERY blessed to have had the opportunity to do so! I also enjoyed getting to meet Senator Tony Strickland, radio personality Scott Alexander with B95.1, and several families whose loved ones were serving our country; it was so inspiring to see such strength and courage, even in the kids whose parents were overseas! The event was a huge success- and for me, it was a reminder of how blessed I am to be an American living in such a wonderful country filled with courageous families and selfless soldiers committed to protecting our freedom <3


Me with Scott Alexander and Senator Tony Strickland!
Singing the Anthem!

No comments:

Post a Comment