Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Johnny Rockets Fundraiser

On October 11, I partnered with Johnny Rockets of Camarillo and put on a fundraiser for the Ventura County Scholarship Association! The restaurant donated 15% of their clients' checks to our organization when they mentioned Miss Ventura County =)
The fundraiser was, to be honest, not as big of a turnout as I would have liked to have seen... but when you're unwillingly (and unknowingly until about a week out) competing against the Vice-Presidential Debates, the MLB Playoffs, and the rain... you're bound to run into some attendance issues!
Despite these obstacles, I still consider the event an overall success: not only did we raise some money for the contestants' scholarships- I got to talk to some wonderful people about our incredible organization, and two lovely young ladies expressed interest in competing in our our 2013 pageant! In addition, I learned some lessons about fundraising that I will carry into my next attempts to raise funds for the organization, including picking a date without any major general conflicts (such as the debate)... Part of being Miss VC is rolling with the punches and making lemonade out of lemony circumstances! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment