Sunday, August 26, 2012

6 Month Anniversary: What Has Been and What is Coming!


As of this month, I have been Miss Ventura County 2012 for SIX months!! Woo-hoo!! I seriously cannot believe how fast time flies! I am SO grateful I've had a camera everywhere I've been or everything I have done would be one big blur! =)
Looking back on these six months, I have seriously had the time of my life!! I have met some of the most inspiring and incredible people; I have grown so much as a person; and I have achieved my dream of competing at Miss California... and looking like I belonged there!! Haha =)
I've also had a wonderful time promoting my platform, Hearts for Service, through volunteering for any event that will have me... I feel so blessed to have such great relationships with various organizations in the community including the Land Rover Jaguar of Ventura, Fit Body Boot Camp, Oaks Christian School, Blush Boutique, Pegasus Fashion Lounge, Moorpark Kiwanis, the Rotary Club of Moorpark, the Moorpark Chamber of Commerce, the High Street Arts Foundation, the local Girl Scouts troops, the American Cancer Society, the Moorpark City Library, the MHS PayIt Forward Club... and lots more!!!
In these remaining months of my service, my focus will not only rely on community service but also on raising funds for the Ventura/Santa Barbara County Scholarship Association. I feel such a strong desire to give back to the program that has given so much to me!! Hopefully by the 2013 pageant we will have expanded our program to reach ladies in Thousand Oaks, Camarillo, Oxnard, Ventura, and Santa Barbara that will hopefully participate, compete, and reap the benefits this program has to offer, including scholarships for their education, interview and communication skills, and an improved sense of self and confidence in who they are. <3
If you are reading this and would somehow like to get involved with fundraising, donate to our scholarship fund, or become a sponsor, please do not hesitate to contact me!! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment