Friday, February 24, 2012

Crowning Moment: Becoming Miss Ventura County 2012!

Welcome to the Miss Ventura County 2012 blog!!
So this is my first blog... ever...! Shoutout to my close friend, Miss City of Orange 2012 Megan Wisler, for the idea of sharing my experiences as Miss Ventura County with everyone! Check out her blog, too; she's already had some amazing appearances in the Orange County area: http://misscityoforange2012.blogspot.com
With that being said: this is my first blog as Miss Ventura County 2012! EEK! I have to say, being crowned was so surreal- and such a blur! I loved that my close friend, former Miss Ventura County 2011 and current Miss City of Orange Megan Wisler, has now crowned me twice: when I was awarded Miss Moorpark in 2009 and now- as Miss Ventura County 2012! She's such a lovely person, and I consider it an honor to now be her successor a second time!
Some people don't realize it, but a LOT of hard work and preparation goes into competing: prior to the Miss Ventura County competition, I worked with a personal trainer and multiple interview and pageant coaches to get into shape, perfect my walk, nail my interview and onstage question, and perfect my talent performance. I worked SO hard prior to the pageant, and I feel SO blessed that all of my hard work has paid off! And now I get to serve my community and compete at Miss California... I say it to myself and I still can't believe it!
I love my home county of Ventura, and I can't wait to get started representing it! So keep your eyes on this blog- because renovations will be happening, and I have my first few appearances lined up already- which means more posts will be coming soon!! <3

                                                  Megan crowning me- again! I love when
                                                  history repeats itself!! =)

1 comment:

  1. congrats Kayla! I know you will represent us well.
    Patti Strickland

    ReplyDelete